Source: Travel+Leisure Magazine Nov, 2014
– Heritage: Tanqueray London Dry Gin is so called because it was distilled in 1830 by Charles Tanqueray, in Bloomsbury, London.
– Versatility: Tanqueray No. TEN is renowned for its versatility, and is in fine form in classic stirred drinks such as the Martini and Negroni, as well as in fruit forward cocktails such as the Southside and Clover Club.
– Quality/Refinement: Upon its launch, this gin was crowned ‘Best White Spirit” three times in a row at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, at which point it was retired from the competition into the Hall of Fame, where it remains the only white spirit.
– Tanqueray was sold in a clear, colourless bottle until 1948, when it was replaced by the now iconic green version.
– The elegant Art Deco lines of the Tanqueray No. Ten Gin bottle evoke the 1920-30s golden age of gin cocktails.
– The signature red waxed seal on the bottle is the official stamp of Tanqueray quality passed through generations.
– The pineapple featured on the Tanqueray crest is a traditional symbol of hospitality, quality, and discernment.
– A 60’s PR campaign that showed Frank Sinatra and Bob Hope enjoying Tanqueray virtually doubled US brand sales overnight.
– Tanqueray Trunk Show (2015)
– Gin and Tonic Day (April 9) mentions on social media sites
Promotion (Tanqueray No. 10)
– Marketed as a Martini gin
Super Premium for the Craft Cocktail Revolution
Tanqueray No. Ten Gin (47.3% ABV / 94.6 Proof) – in 2000, on the heels of releasing Tanqueray Malacca Gin, Tanqueray released Tanqueray No. Ten Gin. Both of these releases were aimed at a new movement in gin, loosely referred to as New Western Style Gin, that shifted the focus slightly away from juniper to spotlight what other botanicals in gin can bring to the mix. Part of this movement came as a reaction to a new generation of drinkers who had grown up with a distaste for the strong juniper in gin, and another was as a response to the incubatory phase of the now explosive craft cocktail revolution.
Hendricks, Bombay Sapphire,